Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2015/10/29 14:20:14 UTC

Next release?

Hi Folks!

Tomorrow marks 6 weeks since the 0.3.0 release. Any one up for
starting a release candidate?

--
Sean

Re: Next release?

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
I've been using apache yetus locally to merge github prs.

test-patch.sh
--plugins="maven,asflicense,checkstyle,whitespace,findbugs,github"
--github-repo=apache/nifi 88

This pulls it from github as a patch, the autobuilds and checks style and
findbugs. Still some rough edges. I'm using a fork of yetus that does
checkstyle:check to replicate contrib-check/

Frankly, I try to get the commit message to be as helpful as possible,a
commit message that simply says "Merged from X" or "This closes #88" I find
to not be helpful. But we've had discussions on the list in the past, and
have left it to committers discretion. I tend to use git tools for
rewriting history like git rebase -i and git commit -amend on my local repo
to get the commit message(s) to look as nice as possible.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1. There's a huge advantage, both from a code quality and community building perspective to have Committers and Contributors be on a level playing field when it comes to requiring a review from another Committer.

-Joey

Re: Next release?

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Mike,

Thanks for the info, was not aware.  Will certainly keep an eye out.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Alan Jackoway <al...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com>.
I was able to tag the JIRA with 0.4.0 release, but I don't currently have
permissions to perform the merge via Github. Is it preferred that I commit
the changes directly the ASF repository and then close the pull request?

Thanks!

--
Ricky Saltzer
http://www.cloudera.com

Re: Next release?

Posted by Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com>.

--
Ricky Saltzer
http://www.cloudera.com

Re: Next release?

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ricky,

Re: Next release?

Posted by Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com>.

--
Ricky Saltzer
http://www.cloudera.com

Re: Next release?

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Team,

RE: Next release?

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

RE: Next release?

Posted by Rick Braddy <rb...@softnas.com>.
Joe,

This reminds me... are there any entry or exit criteria (from a defects perspective) established for NiFi releases?  In other words, what is the criteria for determining when the code is ready for release and production use?

Thanks
Rick

Team...we def need to address or move a good bit of ticketage to move towards an RC.  It isn't critical we do it 'now' but we should strive for 6 to 8 week release cycles in my view.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Next release?

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.