Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by jiali yao <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/24 08:47:18 UTC

Apache HAWQ 2.5.0.0 Release Plan/Timeframe

Hi all Apache HAWQ community,

We delivered latest Apache HAWQ release 2.4.0.0, now we can begin to
prepare the next release.
It is the first release of Top Project. Looking forward to your
contribution.

Now I drafted a plan for the release Apache HAWQ 2.5.0.0, now it's
open for discussion, please help to provide feedback.

Release Version:

Apache HAWQ 2.5.0.0

Plan Scope:

New Feature: Support DDL for ORC as a native file format.
New Feature: Support write ORC storage format.
Bug fixes.

Release Type:

Source release and binary release.

Timeline:

Target to end of Jan 2019 : branch cut
Target to end of Feb 2019 : release

For details, you can check in the wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.5.0.0+Release

Please feel free to discuss and provide feedback, thanks.

Regards,
Jiali

Re: Apache HAWQ 2.5.0.0 Release Plan/Timeframe

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@apache.org>.
Thank Jiali, looking forward to see the new features.

Regards,
Radar