Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Harald Wellmann <ha...@gmx.de> on 2012/01/09 21:16:40 UTC

Re: Release of JPA

It's 2012 now and Aries 0.3 is almost a year old. Is there any chance of
a new Aries JPA release any time soon?

Loadtime enhancement via weaving hooks is a killer feature, and
inadvertent use of the application class loader is a blocker bug for
using Aries JPA 0.3 with the Pax Exam 2.x Native Test Container.

These issues are fixed on trunk, AFAIK.

Second best to a release, I'd be happy with 0.4.M1 milestone artifacts
on Maven Central...

Best regards,
Harald

Re: Release of JPA

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Is there something we can do to make the releases easier? I'd love to see a
bug fix release of the transaction wrappers bundle, but I hate to add to
poor Jeremy's load.

I guess doing such a release myself makes it much easier for Jeremy, but
I'm wondering if there's a broader solution. :)

On a related note, do we have plans to update the downloads page with some
of the releases we have done (like proxy 0.4)?

Holly
---
Enterprise OSGi in Action: http://www.manning.com/cummins

Re: Release of JPA