Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Lacson <pl...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/12 22:15:36 UTC

building tomcat source in eclipse

I searched the archives regarding my question and found nothing.

Has anybody successfully built the tomcat 5 source tree from within
eclipse?  If so could share your .project and .classpath file?

I want to build and run tomcat from within eclipse, launching it as a
Java Application within the IDE.

thanks,
patrick

RE: building tomcat source in eclipse

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
What are you trying to achieve? I use Eclipse to develop TC5 (& TC4) but always
build from the command line. I have each of the top level directories created by
the build script as an Eclipse project. You can still use remote debugging etc
as well as all the other Eclipse features.

Mark