Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Neal D. Becker" <nb...@hns.com> on 2002/08/13 12:10:42 UTC

Built but tests failed

I just built current code on RH7.3.  Many tests failed:
Is this expected?

make check
Running all tests in hashdump-test...success
Running all tests in path-test...success
Running all tests in random-test...success
Running all tests in stringtest...success
Running all tests in time-test...success
Running all tests in translate-test...success
Running all tests in svn-test2.sh...success
Running all tests in svn-test.sh...success
Running all tests in target-test.py...success
Running all tests in run-fs-tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in run-repos-tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in getopt_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in basic_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in commit_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in update_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in switch_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in prop_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in schedule_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in log_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in copy_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in diff_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in module_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in merge_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in stat_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in trans_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in svnadmin_tests.py...FAILURE
At least one test FAILED, checking /usr/local/src/subversion/tests.log
FAIL: lt-strings-reps-test  1: Write a new rep, get a new key back.
FAIL: lt-strings-reps-test  2: Write a new rep, then overwrite it.
FAIL: lt-strings-reps-test  3: Write and overwrite a new rep; confirm with reads.
FAIL: lt-strings-reps-test  4: Write, then delete, a new rep; confirm deletion.
FAIL: lt-strings-reps-test  5: Test many strings table functions together.
FAIL: lt-strings-reps-test  6: Write a null string.
FAIL: lt-strings-reps-test  7: Write a string, then abort during an overwrite.
FAIL: lt-strings-reps-test  8: Create and copy a string
FAIL: lt-fs-test  1: svn_fs_create_berkeley
FAIL: lt-fs-test  2: open an existing Berkeley DB filesystem
FAIL: lt-fs-test  3: begin a txn, check its name, then close it
FAIL: lt-fs-test  4: open an existing transaction by name
FAIL: lt-fs-test  5: begin a txn, get the txn root, and add a file
FAIL: lt-fs-test  6: create 2 txns, list them, and verify the list.
FAIL: lt-fs-test  8: write and read a file's contents
FAIL: lt-fs-test  9: make a file, a subdir, and another file in that subdir
FAIL: lt-fs-test 10: make The Official Subversion Test Tree
FAIL: lt-fs-test 11: fill a directory, then list it
FAIL: lt-fs-test 12: set and get some revision properties
FAIL: lt-fs-test 13: set/get txn props, commit, validate new rev props
FAIL: lt-fs-test 14: set and get some node properties
FAIL: lt-fs-test 15: delete mutable nodes from directories
FAIL: lt-fs-test 16: delete nodes tree
FAIL: lt-fs-test 17: abort a transaction
FAIL: lt-fs-test 18: testing tree validation helper
FAIL: lt-fs-test 19: fetch the youngest revision from a filesystem
FAIL: lt-fs-test 20: basic commit
FAIL: lt-fs-test 21: copying and tracking copy history
FAIL: lt-fs-test 22: merging commit
FAIL: lt-fs-test 23: commit datestamps
FAIL: lt-fs-test 24: check old revisions
FAIL: lt-fs-test 25: after each commit, check all revisions
FAIL: lt-fs-test 26: create, modify, and verify a medium file (seed=3059080286)
FAIL: lt-fs-test 27: create, modify, and verify a large file (seed=3059080351)
FAIL: lt-fs-test 28: make sure the root node's stored revision is accurate
FAIL: lt-fs-test 29: pound on explicit undeltification code (seed=3059080441)
FAIL: lt-fs-test 30: svn_fs_node_created_rev test
FAIL: lt-fs-test 31: test svn_fs_check_related
FAIL: lt-fs-test 32: test svn_fs_revisions_changed
FAIL: lt-repos-test  1: test svn_repos_dir_delta
FAIL: getopt_tests.py 1: run svn with no arguments
FAIL: getopt_tests.py 2: run svn --version
FAIL: getopt_tests.py 3: run svn --version --quiet
FAIL: getopt_tests.py 4: run svn --help
FAIL: getopt_tests.py 5: run svn help
FAIL: getopt_tests.py 6: run svn help --version
FAIL: getopt_tests.py 7: run svn help bogus-cmd
FAIL: getopt_tests.py 8: run svn help log switch
FAIL: basic_tests.py 1: basic checkout of a wc
FAIL: basic_tests.py 2: basic status command
FAIL: basic_tests.py 3: basic commit command
FAIL: basic_tests.py 4: basic update command
FAIL: basic_tests.py 5: basic corruption detection
FAIL: basic_tests.py 6: receiving text merges as part of an update
FAIL: basic_tests.py 7: basic conflict creation and resolution
FAIL: basic_tests.py 8: basic cleanup command
FAIL: basic_tests.py 9: basic revert command
FAIL: basic_tests.py 10: basic switch command
FAIL: basic_tests.py 11: basic delete command
FAIL: basic_tests.py 12: checkout a path no longer in HEAD
FAIL: basic_tests.py 13: attempt to change node kind
FAIL: commit_tests.py 1: commit one file.
FAIL: commit_tests.py 2: commit one newly added file.
FAIL: commit_tests.py 3: commit multiple targets
FAIL: commit_tests.py 4: commit multiple targets, 2nd variation
FAIL: commit_tests.py 5: commit wc_dir/A/D -- includes D. (anchor=A, tgt=D)
FAIL: commit_tests.py 6: commit wc_dir -- (anchor=wc_dir, tgt={})
FAIL: commit_tests.py 7: committing unversioned object produces error
FAIL: commit_tests.py 8: replace two nested dirs, verify empty contents
FAIL: commit_tests.py 9: hudson prob 1.0:  delete file, commit, update
FAIL: commit_tests.py 10: hudson prob 1.1:  delete dir, commit, update
FAIL: commit_tests.py 11: hudson prob 1.2:  delete, commit, re-add, commit
FAIL: commit_tests.py 12: hudson prob 2.0:  prop commit on old dir fails.
FAIL: commit_tests.py 13: commit mixed-rev wc (no erronous merge error)
FAIL: commit_tests.py 14: commit files and dirs with URI-unsafe characters
FAIL: commit_tests.py 15: commit files that have been deleted, but also edited
FAIL: commit_tests.py 16: commit a file inside dir scheduled for addition
FAIL: commit_tests.py 17: commit deleted (and missing) file
FAIL: commit_tests.py 18: issue 644 attempt to add a file twice
FAIL: commit_tests.py 19: commit from a dir with a longer name than the wc
FAIL: commit_tests.py 20: try to commit when directory is locked
FAIL: commit_tests.py 21: commit the current directory
FAIL: update_tests.py 1: update a locally-modified binary file
FAIL: update_tests.py 2: update to an old revision of a binary files
FAIL: update_tests.py 3: ensure update is not munging additions or replacements
FAIL: update_tests.py 4: update to revision 0
FAIL: update_tests.py 5: make sure overlapping identical changes do not conflict
FAIL: update_tests.py 6: delete files and update to resolve text conflicts
FAIL: update_tests.py 7: update that deletes modifed files
FAIL: update_tests.py 8: update after add/rm of deleted state
FAIL: switch_tests.py 1: test some basic switching operations
FAIL: switch_tests.py 2: commits after some basic switching operations
FAIL: switch_tests.py 3: update wc that contains switched things
FAIL: switch_tests.py 4: reverse update wc that contains switched things
FAIL: switch_tests.py 5: update switched wc things to HEAD
FAIL: switch_tests.py 6: reverse update switched wc things to an older rev
FAIL: prop_tests.py 1: write/read props in wc only (ps, pl, pdel)
FAIL: prop_tests.py 2: commit properties
FAIL: prop_tests.py 3: receive properties via update
FAIL: prop_tests.py 4: receive property changes as part of a downdate
FAIL: prop_tests.py 5: commit the removal of props
FAIL: prop_tests.py 6: update with conflicting props
FAIL: prop_tests.py 7: props work when committing a replacement
FAIL: prop_tests.py 8: props work when reverting a replacement
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 1: schedule: add some files
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 2: schedule: add some directories
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 3: schedule: add some nested files and directories
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 4: schedule: delete some files
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 5: schedule: delete some directories
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 6: revert: add some files
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 7: revert: add some directories
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 8: revert: add some nested files and directories
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 9: revert: delete some files
FAIL: schedule_tests.py 10: revert: delete some directories
FAIL: log_tests.py 1: 'svn log', no args, top of wc.
FAIL: log_tests.py 2: 'svn commit -F foo' when foo is a versioned file
FAIL: log_tests.py 3: Test 'svn log' on an empty repository
FAIL: copy_tests.py 1: basic copy and move commands -- on files only
FAIL: copy_tests.py 2: test fix for 'svn mv unversioned_file some_dst'
FAIL: copy_tests.py 3: receive a copied directory during update
FAIL: copy_tests.py 4: resurrect a deleted directory
FAIL: copy_tests.py 5: svn cp URL URL cannot overwrite destination
FAIL: copy_tests.py 6: svn cp PATH PATH cannot overwrite destination
FAIL: copy_tests.py 7: copy a directory hierarchy and modify before commit
FAIL: copy_tests.py 8: copy files with properties
FAIL: diff_tests.py 1: update a file
FAIL: diff_tests.py 2: add a file
FAIL: diff_tests.py 3: add a file in an added directory
FAIL: diff_tests.py 4: replace a file with a file
FAIL: diff_tests.py 5: multiple revisions diff'd forwards and backwards
FAIL: diff_tests.py 6: non-recursive behaviour
FAIL: diff_tests.py 7: diff only part of the repository
FAIL: diff_tests.py 8: non version controlled files
FAIL: diff_tests.py 9: pure repository diff update a file
FAIL: diff_tests.py 10: diff when property was changed but text was not
FAIL: module_tests.py 1: check out a directory with some external modules attached
FAIL: module_tests.py 2: Update to receive a new external module.
FAIL: module_tests.py 3: Update to lose an external module.
FAIL: module_tests.py 4: Update to receive a change to an unmodifed external module.
FAIL: module_tests.py 5: Update to receive a change to a modified external module.
FAIL: module_tests.py 6: Update to receive a change under an external module.
FAIL: merge_tests.py 1: performing a merge, with mixed results
FAIL: stat_tests.py 1: stat an unversioned file in the current directory
FAIL: stat_tests.py 2: run 'status -u' when nested additions are pending
FAIL: stat_tests.py 3: stat -vN and test if all items in the current directory show up
FAIL: trans_tests.py 1: Commit new files with keywords active from birth
FAIL: trans_tests.py 2: update locally modified file with eol-style 'native'
FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 1: test 'svnadmin create' subcommand
FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 2: test 'svnadmin youngest' subcommand
FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 3: test 'svnadmin createtxn' subcommand
FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 4: test 'svnadmin rmtxns' subcommand
FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 5: test 'svnadmin lsrevs' subcommand
FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 6: test 'svnadmin dump' on a copied directory
FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 7: test 'svnadmin dump' on modified child of copied directory
make: *** [check] Error 1

Re: Built but tests failed

Posted by "Neal D. Becker" <nb...@hns.com>.
OK, I found the problem.  I had to manually edit configure to change
-ldb to -ldb-4.0.

Re: Built but tests failed

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
nbecker@hns.com (Neal D. Becker) writes:

> I just built current code on RH7.3.  Many tests failed:
> Is this expected?

No.

> make check
> Running all tests in hashdump-test...success
> Running all tests in path-test...success
> Running all tests in random-test...success
> Running all tests in stringtest...success
> Running all tests in time-test...success
> Running all tests in translate-test...success
> Running all tests in svn-test2.sh...success
> Running all tests in svn-test.sh...success
> Running all tests in target-test.py...success

Hmm, all pass above, all fail below.  Did you run out of disk space?

> Running all tests in run-fs-tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in run-repos-tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in getopt_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in basic_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in commit_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in update_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in switch_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in prop_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in schedule_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in log_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in copy_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in diff_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in module_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in merge_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in stat_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in trans_tests.py...FAILURE
> Running all tests in svnadmin_tests.py...FAILURE
> At least one test FAILED, checking /usr/local/src/subversion/tests.log

The above file should contain further details.

--
Philip Martin

Re: Built but tests failed

Posted by "Neal D. Becker" <nb...@hns.com>.
Thanks.  I got subversion going.  The problem is that the db4 libs are
installed as db-4.0.  I needed to manually edit the configure script
to do -ldb-4.0 instead of -ldb.  I had initially done this in just one
place in the script, and the result was that it built but tests failed
(because it still used -ldb in some places!).

I edited the configure script again, replacing all of the -ldb, and
now everything is working.

BTW, I had to do AUTOCONF=autoconf-2.53 AUTOHEADER=autoheader-2.53
autogen.sh because RH7.3 has autoconf-2.53 but it's installed as
/usr/bin/autoconf-2.53, not /usr/bin/autoconf.  Thanks for making it
an env variable!

Re: Built but tests failed

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
It might be some other problem, but I also see this type of problem when
APR/APR-UTIL wasn't completely up-to-date.  If you are using my
apache-2.0.40-0.9 package and it still gives you those errors then you
need to install the apache-2.0.40-0.9.src.rpm, go into the
~/rpms/sources/apache-2.0.40-0.9 directory (or wherever you install the
sources) and do a "cvs update" in httpd-2.0, apr, apr-util directories
and generate new apache RPMs (maybe bump the release number to 0.10 in the
apache.spec file so you don't get it mixed up with the current 0.9
release).

Since I don't generate a new apache for every revision of subversion there
may be X number of revisions of subversion since I last tried to build
which might not work with the published versions of apache because they
are newer and something changed.

Such is life on the bleeding edge of development. (ouch)

As stated at first....this might not be the problem....but it is similar
to what I've seen in the past.

   - David Summers

On 13 Aug 2002, Neal D. Becker wrote:

> [...]
> FAIL: stat_tests.py 1: stat an unversioned file in the current directory
> FAIL: stat_tests.py 2: run 'status -u' when nested additions are pending
> FAIL: stat_tests.py 3: stat -vN and test if all items in the current directory show up
> FAIL: trans_tests.py 1: Commit new files with keywords active from birth
> FAIL: trans_tests.py 2: update locally modified file with eol-style 'native'
> FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 1: test 'svnadmin create' subcommand
> FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 2: test 'svnadmin youngest' subcommand
> FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 3: test 'svnadmin createtxn' subcommand
> FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 4: test 'svnadmin rmtxns' subcommand
> FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 5: test 'svnadmin lsrevs' subcommand
> FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 6: test 'svnadmin dump' on a copied directory
> FAIL: svnadmin_tests.py 7: test 'svnadmin dump' on modified child of copied directory

David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt
PGP Key fingerprint =  C0 E0 4F 50 DD A9 B6 2B  60 A1 31 7E D2 28 6D A8