Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kshitij tyagi <ks...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/26 12:38:03 UTC

Help with facet.limit

Hi Team,

I am using facet on particular field along with facet.limit=500, problem I
am facing is:

1. As there are more than 500 facets and it is giving me 500 results, I
want particular facets to be returned i.e can I specify to solr to return
me 500 facets along with ones I require?

eg facets returned are a,b,c,d when using facet.limit=4  There are other
facets too but are not returned as I am using limit.

Can I specify something in query such as 'e' so that my result for facet is
a,b,c,e

Regards,
Kshitij

Re: Help with facet.limit

Posted by "alessandro.benedetti" <a....@sease.io>.
In addition to what Erick mentioned, (if) you can use Json faceting and sort
your facets according to your preferences using the stats integration [1].

Cheers

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Faceted+Search

-----

Re: Help with facet.limit

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The only two canned orderings are "index" which means lexically
ordered and the default frequency, the top 500 most frequent facets
will be returned.

You can always specify facet.query=XXX and I think they are returned
in the order you define the facets. If you have a small number of
facets you require you could do what you're doing now but add a few
facet.query clauses.

Best,
Erick