Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dtiodtio <dt...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/03 21:48:52 UTC

Failed deployment of Maven project to Glassfish

Hello,

I recently converted from ant to maven and I'm now trying to deploy to
GlassFish the Maven .war of a multimodule project. The .war file is built
successfully with its dependencies (using the NetBeans IDE) and deployed
using the GlassFish Admin Console (still don't have the hang of deploying
through NetBeans using plugins). However, deployment fails with the given
server.log message (as produced by checking the Verifier flag in the Admin
Console):

Failed to find following classes:
[
    javax.ws.rs.core.ApplicationConfig
]

referenced in the following call stack :

    at com.sun.jersey.api.core.ResourceConfig
    at com.sun.jersey.api.core.DefaultResourceConfig
    at com.sun.jersey.api.core.ApplicationConfigAdapter
    at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer

However, I have the following entry

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.ws.rs</groupId>
      <artifactId>jsr311-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.1</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

in the .war pom.xml

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Dimitris

Re: Failed deployment of Maven project to Glassfish

Posted by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
This is not a maven issue. You need to ask this question in GlassFish
forum (users@glassfish.dev.java.net). Have you tried deploying
by-passing verifier by turning off verifier flag? Does the app work? If
yes, I guess it is a false failure reported by verifier. In any case,
don't reply here. Ask your question in GlassFish forum.

Sahoo

Posted by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
Glad your issue is resolved. I doubt verifier was wrong in pointing out
that a required class was missing.

Thanks,
Sahoo

Posted by dtiodtio <dt...@gmail.com>.

AW: Failed deployment of Maven project to Glassfish

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Failed to find following classes:
>    javax.ws.rs.core.ApplicationConfig
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>javax.ws.rs</groupId>
>      <artifactId>jsr311-api</artifactId>
>      <version>1.1</version>
>      <scope>compile</scope>
>    </dependency>

Go here and download the jar file that corresponds to this artifact:
http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/ws/rs/jsr311-api/1.1/

Then open it with Winzip etc. Navigate to the directory:
jsr311-api-1.1.jar\javax\ws\rs\core\

Look for a class with the name ApplicationConfig... It does not exist
in this Jar.

Wayne