Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Roger Whitcomb <Ro...@actian.com> on 2014/10/28 21:02:59 UTC

Question about applet permissions with Java 7+

We've now started to deploy our app as an applet using Pivot, and to address the new security considerations in Java 7, we needed to set the "Permissions" attribute in "pivot-wtk.jar" to "all-permissions".  I did this by manually modifying the "build.xml" in "trunk".  Doesn't seem like a good solution going forward.  So, anyone have a thought as to how best to resolve this?  Should this be in "build.properties"? Should it be set to "all-permissions" always?  Should it be set to "sandbox" instead?  Should it be up to users (i.e., they would have to build the code themselves in order to set this)?  Anyone know how others are addressing this in their applet code?

Thanks,
~Roger Whitcomb

Re: Question about applet permissions with Java 7+

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Don't worry, no problem :-) .

Bye

Posted by Roger Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.