Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ar...@india-today.com on 2000/08/07 14:13:26 UTC

sql exception

Hi guys
we are trying to migrate our application from the local environment to the internet.
However we arent able to get connection to our database..
we are using tomcat + jsp + mysql .. The jar file is mysql.jar
Everytime we try to establish a connection we are getting the following error exception
java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source
We are absolutly clueless ..
Can somebody please advise..
Thanx
Anand

Re: sql exception

Posted by James More <Ja...@wcom.com>.
I would make sure the new internet IP address that the application to is
being moved to is configured inside the mysql user privileges.  The user
trying to connect from the application will have to have the appropriate IP
address and the privileges defined in the mysql tables for it to accept the
connection.

hope this helps,
James

RE: sql exception

Posted by Mike Bremford <mi...@paperx.com>.
Hi Anand

This sounds like it's your MySQL server setup. Try checking how you're
connecting to the server - we had problems like this when we were connecting
to "localhost" - we had to connect to our official IP instead. Or
vice versa, I can't remember. Are all the IP addresses for your client
listed in MySQLs access tables?

Play around with various combinations of IP addresses and with the security
settings in MySQL and you should hit the right combo eventually.

Cheers... Mike