Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Pei HE <pe...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/06 05:24:38 UTC

MapReduce Runner needs contributors

Hi all,
I am in the process of merge MapReduce Runner to its feature branch,
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/3705

I would like to call for contributors' help for making it more mature.
Here are areas that need help:
1. Feature completion
Currently, there are few ValidatesRunners tests excluded, such as
gauge/distribution metrics, stateful/splittable pardo, user timers.
2. Performance improvement
For examples, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-2835
3. Production readiness
Try run it in Hadoop cluster

Thanks and looking forward to the collaboration on MapReduce Runner.
--
Pei

Re: MapReduce Runner needs contributors

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Pei,

as already discussed (and as I started the contribution ;)), I will help you on
this runner (I'm working on the Spark 2.x runner in the mean time).

Thanks !

Regards
JB

--