Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Palak Shah <sp...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/20 07:47:53 UTC

Worker logs not created

Hi,

I have a storm cluster running with 3 supervisor nodes. When I submit a
topology in cluster mode, all the supervisors and workers are up and
running, but the worker logs are not created. I can just see an empty
folder called worker in /tmp/stormtmp (storm dataDir).

previously someone had this problem to which Nathan had replied -

*"You are probably submitting logging jars with your topology jar, messing
upstorm's dependencies." *

I am using the kafkaSpout for my topology and I must submit my topology
jar-with-dependencies. The slf4j jars are included as a part of storm
dependency and kafka has its own set of logging dependencies. I simply do
not understand how I can submit my topology jar without logging jars.

Can someone help me get my worker logs?

Thanks,
Palak

Re: Worker logs not created

Posted by Samit Sasan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Are you able to see your other logs in the same dir. If yes can you upload
your nimbus and supervisor logs.

-Samit

Re: Worker logs not created

Posted by Palak Shah <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have specified the storm localDataDir as /tmp/stormtmp, but I am not able
to view the logs there. I am not able to see the nimbus or supervisor logs
either. I can see just the supervisor heartbeats in a folder titled
Supervisor and an empty folder titled Workers.

I think this problem started after I updated to Storm-0.9.2-incubating from
Storm-0.8.2. The new release has a feature called logviewer. I ran the
storm logviewer daemon and now I can view the worker logs by clicking the
worker port in UI.

This solves my purpose, so I am closing this question.

Thanks for your help,
-Palak

Re: Worker logs not created

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.