Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Elmar Kretzer <el...@googlemail.com> on 2008/04/18 13:08:57 UTC

[Trinidad] Render custom Facet on demand via ppr

Hi everyone,

i got a short question concerning the following scenario.

    <f:facet name ="customfacet" >
    <!--
        all the component stuff for rendering the details of this row
    -->
    </f:facet>

Is it possible to attach a Listener to the command Button to add a
custom DetailStamp function?
Or more generally speaking, is it possible to get a certain facet,
update its value and render it via ppr into a certain component?

Or is there any other way to add new content via ppr ( like an
tr:panelGroupLayout) to a position in the view root?

hope this question is not too stupid.... :-)

(using Trinidad 1.2.6, Myfaces 1.2.2)

Thanks in advance!
elmar

if this message appears twice - sorry forgot the subject on first mail

Re: [Trinidad] Render custom Facet on demand via ppr

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
First, please only post a question once.

As for PPR, you can only change a component that has existing DOM on
the page with its client ID as the ID attribute of the element. So if
you change a facet of a component, you have to PPR the component, not
the facet (always PPR the container, not the component being added,
removed or replaced). In your example, you have to PPR the table.

As for inserting components, you cannot do it without writing your own
Java and JavaScript code and hacking pretty deep into the Trinidad
code's knowledge. It probably would require using trinidadinternal
APIs and that means that you sacrifice backwards compatibility.

For a while I have wanted to enhance the PPR somehow to be able to add
& remove components instead of just update them, but I have no time
for it. Maybe in a year or two :)

Sorry that this will not help you too much.

-Andrew