Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@apache.org> on 2021/06/02 09:50:55 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.15.1.0 (RC1)

Hi All,

I've created a 4.15.1.0 release, with the following artifacts up for a vote:

Git Branch and Commit SHA:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/4.15.1.0-RC20210602T1429
Commit: aaac4b17099ba838a3f7b57400277ca9b23f98f5

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
location):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.15.1.0/

PGP release keys (signed using 5ED1E1122DC5E8A4A45112C2484248210EE3D884):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

The vote will be open for 120 hours, until 7 June 2021.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate
"(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

For users convenience, the packages from this release candidate (RC1) and
4.15.1 systemvmtemplates are available here:
https://download.cloudstack.org/testing/4.15.1.0-RC1/
https://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/4.15/

Documentation is not published yet, but the following may be referenced for
upgrade related tests: (there's a new 4.15.1 systemvmtemplate to be
registered prior to upgrade)
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-documentation/tree/4.15/source/upgrading/upgrade

Regards.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.15.1.0 (RC1)

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
I'm not aware we have ever supported storage DRS (in contrast to "regular"
DRS - i.e. VM live migration) - if someone can test with NFS/iSCSI and
report.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.15.1.0 (RC1)

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
All,

Do we have any further blocker/critical issues to report for 4.15.1.0 RC1? We've fixed or have PRs for all the outstanding blockers on RC1 which may likely be merged by eod. If no further issues are reported by tomorrow I'll cut RC2 after eod tomorrow (after 6PM IST).

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
________________________________

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Michael Brußk <ma...@mib85.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
All,

It appears an RC2 is imminent which I hope to cut again after all outstanding issues reported this and next week are resolved.

Kindly continue testing 4.15.1.0 RC1 and help report/discuss blocker and critical issues this and next week. Thanks.

Regards.

________________________________

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohit,

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohit,

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohit,

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohit,

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
+1 (binding)

Action needed to update NOTICE file? (was Fw: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.15.1.0 (RC1))

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Justin,

Thanks for your friendly advice, you forgot to copy to the private PMC ML.

I'm personally not sure what changes are necessary so copying ACS PMC - any advice PMCs?

Regards.

I'm not part of your PMC so just take this as some friendly advice. I took a look at your release and noticed that you NOTICE file year needs updating and it contains a few things that don't need to be mentioned. For MIT and BSD licensed files nothing need to go in NOTICE as that information goes in LICENSE. [1] There's also no need for the copyright line at the top of your LICENSE file.

Kind Regards,
Justin

1. https://infra.apache.org/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.15.1.0 (RC1)

Posted by Michael Brußk <ma...@mib85.de>.
Hi all,