Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/09 09:23:26 UTC

Re: Basic TCP component

Andrea, I've just downloaded the source zip of the components and it
seems that there is lots of components coming from ServiceMix: are
these differents in some sort ? Bug fixes, enhancements ?  If so what
about raising JIRAs and attaching your patches ? I know you have
already done so and iirc i have applied them ...

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Basic TCP component

Posted by jpuro <jp...@sterlingtesting.com>.
Hmmm.  ok, likelyhood of options 2 and 3???  For my company we can use the
lgpl licensed one, but I'd like this to be out of the box for servicemix, at
least a basic version to begin with...

-jeff

Re: Basic TCP component

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, the one provided by Spagic is LGPL and unless they plan to
change its license we can't really use it in ServiceMix. So there are
3 possibilities:
   * you don't care about LGPL, so just use it
   * the component is relicensed under AL
   * the component is contributed to ServiceMix (which implies it is relicensed)
   * or you start a new one :-(

On 10/9/07, jpuro <jp...@sterlingtesting.com> wrote:

> So, what to do about a TCP component?  :)
>
> -jeff
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > On 10/9/07, Andrea Zoppello <zo...@tiscali.it> wrote:
> >> Hi Guillaume,
> >>
> >> If you take a look at the document "How to cook your spagic" you could
> >> find all the information, on the patches, enhnacements that we've made
> >> on servicemix.
> >>
> >> Actually spagic is based on smx 3.1.1 codebase.
> >>
> >> By the way our approach is to keep the patches that we've done in spagic
> >> until they're
> >> taken bu smx codebase.
> >
> > Most of the bug you are talking about have been already fixed afaik
> > (SM-781, SM-924, SM-879).  One is still pending in an unknown state
> > (SM-888).  You have raised another one recently about the split
> > aggregator which has been included too (not released yet).  But I
> > agree some have not been relesed yet :-(
> >

> >> In future versions of spagic the patches that we've update to JIRA will
> >> not be there
> >> anymore, because it will be included directly in smx :-)
> >
> > Cool, I think that's the way to go too.  Hopefully we will be able to
> > have shorter release cycles now.
> >

> >> By the way have you seen my post about the needing for "Merge
> >> components" in front
> >> of a Drools or Content Based router??
> >>

> >> Andrea Zoppello

> >> apache

> >> they
> >> requirements
> >> what you
> >> as I

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Basic TCP component

Posted by jpuro <jp...@sterlingtesting.com>.
This approach would work fine.  I would also like something to be included
out of the box in ServiceMix.

Thanks,

-jeff

Re: Basic TCP component

Posted by Andrea Zoppello <zo...@tiscali.it>.
Hi,

RE: Basic TCP component

Posted by Hofri Yehuda <Ye...@comverse.com>.
Et voila:

import org.apache.commons.httpclient.*;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod;
import org.apache.servicemix.MessageExchangeListener;
import org.apache.servicemix.components.http.HttpClientMarshaler;
import org.apache.servicemix.components.util.ComponentSupport;
import org.apache.servicemix.jbi.jaxp.StringSource;
import org.apache.servicemix.jbi.jaxp.SourceTransformer;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;

import javax.jbi.JBIException;
import javax.jbi.messaging.*;
import javax.xml.namespace.QName;

public class HttpClientBC extends ComponentSupport implements
MessageExchangeListener {

  private SourceTransformer _transformer;
    protected HttpClientMarshaler marshaler = new HttpClientMarshaler();
    protected MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager connectionManager = new
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();
    protected HttpClient httpClient = new HttpClient(connectionManager);
    protected HostConfiguration hostConfiguration = new
HostConfiguration();
    protected String url;

    public void stop() throws JBIException {
        super.stop();
        connectionManager.shutdown();
    }

    public HttpClientBC() {

    }

    public void onMessageExchange(MessageExchange messageExchange)
throws MessagingException {
        InOut inOut = (InOut) messageExchange;
        if (inOut.getStatus() == ExchangeStatus.DONE) {
            return;
        } else if (inOut.getStatus() == ExchangeStatus.ERROR) {
            return;
        }
        try {

            NormalizedMessage inMsg = inOut.getInMessage();
            Document doc = (Document)
_transformer.toDOMNode(inMsg.getContent());

...  Do something with the message ?!

            boolean httpResponse = sendHttpReq();
..... Do something with the response?!

            NormalizedMessage answer = inOut.createMessage();
            answer.setContent(....);

            answer(inOut, answer);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            throw new MessagingException(e);
        }
    }

    private boolean sendHttpReq(String id) {
        PostMethod method = new PostMethod(url);
        try {
            method.addParameter("id", id);
            int response = httpClient.executeMethod(hostConfiguration,
method);

            if (response != HttpStatus.SC_OK && response !=
HttpStatus.SC_ACCEPTED) {
                return false;
            }
        }