Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by naouguh_tomcat <90...@qq.com> on 2013/04/15 09:54:35 UTC

tomcat reload single application command

Hi All,

Can someone tell me how to reload one application of tomcat in the command line ?

Best Regards,
Ansir Hu

Re: tomcat reload single application command

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
On 4/15/2013 12:54 AM, naouguh_tomcat wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can someone tell me how to reload one application of tomcat in the command line ?
>
> Best Regards,
> Ansir Hu

I don't know which version of Tomcat you're running, so here's a
reference to both currently active versions:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Executing_Manager_Commands_With_Ant

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Executing_Manager_Commands_With_Ant

See in particular:

<taskdef name="reload"
    classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ReloadTask"/>

Write an Ant script, run from the command line.

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/

Re: tomcat reload single application command

Posted by Neven Cvetkovic <ne...@gmail.com>.
Why would you want to reload the application? What are the motives behind
that?

There are few ways to do it... it all depends what do you want to
accomplish and what type of an app it... what is your current deployment
procedure?

Here are few ways:

1. Obvious one, remove app from webapps and copy it again. Automatic
deployment will take care of it.

2. Use above mentioned method through the management app, using curl or
wget tool to invoke the reload.

3. Similar method to 2, but using manager app jmxproxy servlet.

4. Writing your custom code to access jmx and call mbean to invoke
deployment reload.

Hope that helps...

Re: tomcat reload single application command

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2013/4/15 naouguh_tomcat wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can someone tell me how to reload one application of tomcat in the
command line ?

Please check this [1].

Regards
Violeta