Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Angry Duck Studio <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/16 15:10:48 UTC

[announce] open source NATS messaging and Groovy scripting processors for NiFi

I have been working with NiFi lately and have written a some custom
processors which may be useful to someone.

https://github.com/mring33621/nats-messaging-for-nifi -- Allows Apache NiFi
to send/receive string based messages to/from NATS messaging topics.
https://github.com/mring33621/scripting-for-nifi -- Use Groovy scripts as
NiFi Processors!

Issues and Pull Requests happily accepted!

Thanks for reading.

-Matt Ring

Re: [announce] open source NATS messaging and Groovy scripting processors for NiFi

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
It looks like there is a MIT licensed java client underway by the nats.io
crew which looks to be early alpha: https://github.com/nats-io/jnats

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

Posted by Angry Duck Studio <an...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, Sumo!

I like your use of bindings in the ExecuteGroovy processor. Mine uses
bare-bones Java reflection and requires a specific method signature in the
script.

I don't know if the compiled scripts are thread safe or not, so I pool some
in an internal queue, to be safe.

I will probably add Nashorn-based javascript, too, but wasn't sure I'd ever
use it.

Thanks.

-Matt

Posted by Sumanth Chinthagunta <xm...@gmail.com>.
I am working on dynamic language support for JavaScript.

https://github.com/xmlking/nifi-scripting <https://github.com/xmlking/nifi-scripting>

Posted by Matthew Burgess <ma...@gmail.com>.