Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Picaso <pi...@roltaus.com> on 2004/07/02 20:21:53 UTC

SMTP Appender for VC++

I will really appreciate if someone can give me more details about acheiving
smtp appender. I followed the earlier threads and downloaded libsmtp.h (i
coudn't find libsmtp.lib/dll), glib.h/dll and other dependencies. Finally
after giving all the header files, i get the error:
smtpappender.cpp
D:\log4cxx-0.9.7\src\smtpappender.cpp(138) : error C2664:
'libsmtp_add_recipient' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'unsigned short *'
to 'char *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
D:\log4cxx-0.9.7\src\smtpappender.cpp(339) : error C2065: '_dst' :
undeclared identifier

And i m sure that even after this gets compiled, it's going to give me many
linking errors since the dependent libraries are a chain of them and i might
be missing some.
Is there any source where i get libsmtp.h/libsmtp.dll specifically for
windows?
Thanks in advance
Picaso

Re: SMTP Appender for VC++

Posted by Michaël CATANZARITI <mc...@apache.org>.
Hello Picaso,

I am afraid libsmtp does not support the Ms compiler.
The SMTPAppender should be written with Microsoft CDO library, but I did not find time to work on it.

--
Michaël CATANZARITI
log4cxx project manager