Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Britske <gb...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/18 14:02:35 UTC

template-expansion sees hibernate-entity as java.lang.Boolean?

first of all, excuse me for the post-flood, but I had some standing issues.
Perhaps some of these questions can help others as well so here this one
goes:

I was on a roll until i wanted to include the name of a City-instance
through a template expansion, which gave the error:

Could not convert 'firstresult.poi.city.name' into a component parameter
binding: Class java.lang.Boolean does not contain a property named 'name'
(within property expression 'firstresult.poi.city.name').

However, city is of type City and not op type java.lang.Boolean!

The traversal goes through a POI and a City-class which are both mapped as
hibernate-entities.
the traversal poi.getCity() is a lazy association.

(for you hibernate gurus:
       @ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
	@JoinColumn(name="cityid", nullable=false)
	@Cache(usage =
org.hibernate.annotations.CacheConcurrencyStrategy.NONSTRICT_READ_WRITE)
	private City city;

my expansion looks like::

<t:compositeBlockList t:id="comp1">
  <t:parameter name="groupheader">
		<strong>
		${firstresult.poi.city.name}
		</strong>
  </t:parameter>
</t:compositeBlockList>

What is causing this error? Could the hibernate-entity City look like a
boolean (when reflection is used) before it is lazily fetched?? I can't
really imagine that but who knows? anyone?

thanks,
Geert-Jan

Re: template-expansion sees hibernate-entity as java.lang.Boolean?

Posted by Britske <gb...@gmail.com>.
Has anyone ever experienced something similar? or has anyone used hibernate
lazy-associations succesfully with expansions in T5?

I'm still not sure if it's a hibernate or a tapestry thing.

FYI; the error is happening in:
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl.readMethodForTerm(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:370)

and states:
Could not convert 'firstresult.poi.city.name' into a component parameter
binding: Class java.lang.Boolean does not contain a property named 'name'
(within property expression 'firstresult.poi.city.name').

//Geert-Jan