Posted to dev@distributedlog.apache.org by Khurrum Nasim <kh...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/31 09:02:19 UTC

Add DistributedLog IO

Hello beam folks,

We are evaluating a new solution to unify our streaming and batching data
pipeline, from storage, computing engine to programming model. The idea is
basically to implement the Kappa architecture, using DistributedLog as a
unified stream store for both streaming and batching, using Flink or Spark
(still debating) as the process engine, and using Beam as the programming
model.

We'd like to contribute an IO connector to DistributedLog (both bounded
source/sink and unbounded source/sink).

Is there any special instructions or best practise to add a new IO
connector? Any suggestion is very appreciated.

The jira is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-607

Also, /cc the distributed log team for any helps.

KN

Re: Add DistributedLog IO

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks !

I will do the review today.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Add DistributedLog IO

Posted by Khurrum Nasim <kh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Add DistributedLog IO

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Khurrum,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Add DistributedLog IO

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
Thanks Khurrum. I will try to take a look. (Although I am not an expert of
Beam.)

It would also be awesome if you can share your experience on building this
via soms blog posts, once you finished this.

Sijie

Re: Add DistributedLog IO

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.

Re: Add DistributedLog IO