Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jim Cross <ji...@googlemail.com> on 2007/05/17 00:44:54 UTC

PUT performance with simple FileStore

Hi all,

I have Slide deployed within Tomcat on a Linux blade. I have a very simple
configuration where Slide is backed by a simple filestore (physically
located on network attached storage with insignificant latency between the
blade and the storage.
Performance on GET requests for small files seems fine - around 50ms
according to the Tomcat logs. However, PUT performance is much worse -
typically around 250-300ms without versioning, 550-600ms with versioning

Is this the expected performance level for PUTs, or does this seem slower
than expected given my simple setup and high-spec hardware?
Does anyone have any recommendations/documentation which might help me
improve performance?

Thanks

James