Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ajit Raj <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/14 19:18:25 UTC

You have clicked on a stale link Error

Hi,

I got a error as following after I tried to relog in to the application -- it happens when I cliecked a "Submit" button on one of the page after session already timeout, and it redirect me back into the login page.

You have clicked on a stale link.
Rewind of form core/Example/SchoolReport expected only 0 form elements, but an additional id was requested by component sure/DateSelect/CheckDateSelected.
This is most likely the result of using your browser's back button, but can also be an application error.
You may continue by returning to the application's home page.

I have to go to the home page first, then go to the page where I clikced "submit" button.

Is there a way to go back to the my last page after relogin instead of go through the home page?

Thanks,

Ajit
Messenger Café — open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily. Visit now.
http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_AugWLtagline

Page redirected to a "You have clicked on a stale link Error..." page

Posted by Ajit Raj <aj...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Really appreciate you Tapestry and Acegisecurity experts’ help on this

I got an “stale link” error page after I reloged into the application -- it happens after I clicked a "Submit" button on one of the form page after session was already timeout, and it redirect me back into the login page (which I used ExceptionTranslaionFilter to handle the security log in). After I correct put in my login information, it went to the following page:

You have clicked on a stale link.
Rewind of form core/Example/SchoolReport expected only 0 form elements, but an additional id was requested by component sure/DateSelect/CheckDateSelected.
This is most likely the result of using your browser's back button, but can also be an application error.
You may continue by returning to the application's home page.

I have to go to the home page first, then go to the page where I clicked "submit" button.

Is this a tapestry issue? Is there a way to go back to the my last page after re-login instead of go through the home page? Or, can I be redirected to the home page instead of “stale link” page? It seems that it only happens when some data needs to be sent back to the server, not happens on a DirectLink item.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ajit
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008

You have clicked on a stale link Error

Posted by Ajit Raj <aj...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,I got a error as following after I tried to re-log in to the application -- it happens when I clicked a "Submit" button on one of the page after session already timeout, and it redirect me back into the login page.You have clicked on a stale link.Rewind of form core/Example/SchoolReport expected only 0 form elements, but an additional id was requested by component sure/DateSelect/CheckDateSelected.This is most likely the result of using your browser's back button, but can also be an application error.You may continue by returning to the application's home page.I have to go to the home page first, then go to the page where I clicked "submit" button.Is this a tapestry issue? Is there a way to go back to the my last page after re-login instead of go through the home page? It seems that it only happens when some data needs to be sent back to the server, not happens on a DirectLink item.Thanks,Ajit

Re: You have clicked on a stale link Error

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Ajit,

You would have to actively store your trail, like breadcrumbs in a
data structure that is still available even after the user has timed
out.  You might want to persist it to a database, instead of keeping
track of it in memory.

Then after login success, the login page/component would look up the
last visited page and then try to send the user there by sending that
page.

So this is not something automatically handled by Tapestry.