Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Abhijat Thakur <at...@bdnacorp.com> on 2002/10/28 20:34:55 UTC

Using Syslog

Hi,

We have a distributed environment and we are trying to log to a centralized machine (Red Hat Linux 7.2) using syslog. One scenario that can happen is that the central machine could be behind a firewall. In that case how will the logging work or how should my design be ?

Also there is not much documentation that i could find on syslog.  How do i go about it? Do i just use the Syslog appender and log to centralized machine. Is there some syslog configuration that needs to be changed/modified on the centralized machine ?

Thanks a lot

abhijat