Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/28 04:56:05 UTC

Images/Logos/Icons

Hello

Does anyone know what projects often do for the images, logos, icons used
by projects in the ASF?

I'm also looking to see what the general philosophy is around licenses for
existing logo/icon sets.

Thanks
Joe

Re: Images/Logos/Icons

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Joe,

On 28/11/14 04:56, Joe Witt wrote:
> Does anyone know what projects often do for the images, logos, icons used
> by projects in the ASF?
>
> I'm also looking to see what the general philosophy is around licenses for
> existing logo/icon sets.

you should contact trademark at apache.org about those things. Some
details at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/contact

As far as I know, as soon as the logo is original work and the author is
committer of the project, there is no any formal paperwork. I'd
recommend that the author attaches the logo proposal to a Jira issue,
then there is track record about the creative process.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández