Posted to user@struts.apache.org by xaero <xa...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/16 13:03:08 UTC

annotation validation problem

i have used annotation validation in my code.
There are two methods login and logout in the same class. I have done
mapping of both the methods in struts.xml.
Now when i run my application the login method runs fine but when i try to
run the logout method i get error that mapping for result type input for
method logout is not there.
I tried debugging the source code of xwork package and found out that
validation is getting failed.
Though there is no validation applied on logout method.
The validation is applied only on two methods in the class which are used by
only login method only still validation framework runs for logout method
Now instead of providing mapping for result type input i added
@SkipValidation on top of logout method and now the application is running
fine.
Now my question is
1) Why do i need to do so because validation is not applied to anything
related to logout method.
2) And when I run any application then all the annotation validations in a
class need to be true even though we are not using with them in any specific
method

I hope i am making self very clear..
please help..
Thanks in advance