Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com> on 2011/07/01 12:58:16 UTC

Camel & Queue in Fuse4.4

Hi

I was trying this code. Got it successfully deployed. But i want to know
things ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint
    xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="
      http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0
      http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd">

    <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint">
      <route>
        <from uri="activemq://TestQueue"/>
        <to uri="log:TestQueue"/>
      </route>
    </camelContext>
</blueprint>

1. Will it automatically creates a queue in activemq called "TestQueue"
2.What does log:TestQueue means , Sending the message from TestQueue into
Log ? or Some other descriptive way to explain this ?

Kidnly Help out.

Cheers
Guru

Re: Camel & Queue in Fuse4.4

Posted by fradj zayen <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
yes using this route, it will automatically create a queue in activeMQ
if it doesn't exist.
the log component will log the content of your message in the
underlying logging mechanism

Re: Camel & Queue in Fuse4.4

Posted by Andrè <mo...@web.de>.
(1)http://camel.apache.org/activemq.html.. yes , it will create a queue (if
you wanna create a topiy you have got to declare it explicitly )
(2)http://camel.apache.org/log.html
log:loggingCategory[?options] "component logs message exchanges to the
underlying logging mechanism.","Where loggingCategory is the name of the
logging category to use. You can append query options to the URI in the
following format, ?option=value&option=value&..."

Re: Camel & Queue in Fuse4.4

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi,

Looks like others have posted answers to your question. I would like to make
a small correction.

<from uri="activemq://TestQueue"/> needs to be <from
uri="activemq:queue:TestQueue"/> and in case of topics <from
uri="activemq:topic:TestQueue"/>

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com
CamelOne 2011: http://fusesource.com/camel2011