Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Micha <mi...@fantasymail.de> on 2016/02/25 17:37:24 UTC

(Classpath?) Problem with MiniDFSCluster and HBase jars

Hi,

I ran into classpath problems while trying to use MiniDFSCluster:

My code uses the hadoop (2.7.1) and hbase (1.1.2) api, my classpath
includes hadoop/share/hadoop/*.jar and hbase/lib/*.jar, so nothing
should be missing.
But I got "class not found errors" in the code using MiniDFSCluster.

Then I realized that the hadoop jars in hbase/libs are older (2.5.1)
than the hadoop jars of my hadoop release (2.7.1)

After replacing all 2.5.1 jars in hbase/lib with the 2.7.1 version files
from hadoop/share/hadoop the errors are gone and the tests ran fine.

So, is this the right method to do this (no maven!) ?
Or, if this is a misconfiguration of my classpath, how to do it right?

thanks for answering,
 Michal

Re: (Classpath?) Problem with MiniDFSCluster and HBase jars

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
You can include the following command line parameter when you build from
1.1.2 source:

-Dhadoop-two.version=2.7.1

FYI

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.