Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by John <li...@johndubchak.com> on 2008/10/28 17:10:06 UTC

Issues trying to run CXF 2.1.3 with JBoss

Hi,

I am trying to embed CXF 2.1.3 inside an ear running on JBoss.  I've
included the required cxf jar files inside my ear and am configuring a
custom class loader that puts those jar files onto the ear's classpath
at run-time.

However, when I try to deploy a Service implementation (that works
standalone) using the Endpoint.publish method, I am getting the
following exception:

 Caused by: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to load Provider:
Failed to load javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider:
org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl
     at javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider.provider(Provider.java:90)
     at javax.xml.ws.Endpoint.publish(Endpoint.java:186)
     at
com.foo.messaging.protocols.ws.impl.CxfWsProvider.deploy(CxfWsProvider.java:35)
     ... 25 more
 Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to load
javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider: org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl
     at javax.xml.ws.spi.ProviderLoader.loadProvider(ProviderLoader.java:96)
     at javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider.provider(Provider.java:82)
     ... 27 more
org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl
     at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1358)
     at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1204)
     at javax.xml.ws.spi.ProviderLoader.loadProvider(ProviderLoader.java:90)
     ... 28 more

It is trying to load the JBoss WS implementations, which has me
confused.  I've consulted the site documentation about installing inside
JBoss, but there's little there to assist me.

I know others, on the list, use CXF with JBoss so I am hoping someone
can set me straight.

JBoss 4.2.3
JDK 1.5.0_16
Mac OS X