Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net> on 2002/12/13 09:55:31 UTC

How to apply Richie's patch?

Hi all,

excuse me please for asking the following question: How do I
apply the patch, which Richie sent yesterday? I was searching
through the net and could find information about how to create a
patch, but unfortunately not how to apply one on Windows.

I tried patch -i sliderealm.patch -p0
on my SuSE Linux 7.3 installation, which I've never used before
(and won't use much in future I suppose).

I also tried the following Ant-script:
<project name="MyProject" default="patch" basedir=".">
  <!-- set global properties for this build -->
  <property name="src" value="."/>
  <property name="build" value="build"/>
  <property name="dist"  value="dist"/>

  <target name="patch">
    <patch patchfile="sliderealm.patch" strip="0"/>
  </target>
</project>
Ant gives me a
IOException: CreateProcess: patch -i sliderealm.patch -p0
error=2

My cvs.exe doesn't seem to have a patch command. Is there a
trick to use cvs.exe to apply a patch?

BTW: I got the current Slide from CVS yesterday, 12th December.

Thanks in advance.

Andreas