Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Wai <bz...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/13 20:31:01 UTC

OrderItemRole entity

OrderItemRole entity is defined in the database schema but it is not
reference in ofbiz code.
Could someone tell me what this entity is used for?
Thanks

Re: OrderItemRole entity

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Wai <bz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OrderItemRole entity is defined in the database schema but it is not
> reference in ofbiz code.
> Could someone tell me what this entity is used for?

It isn't used currently, but I believe it exists to give the application
flexibility if you wanted to associate party roles on a per-item basis,
instead of per-order.
Also look at OrderItemContactMech, supported but never really used in the
application out of the box.  There are quite a few ares where the
application uses a subset of the data model.

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ

Re: OrderItemRole entity

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you will find a diagram on page 123 of the Data model book vol I. it is
discussed on page 124
roles are usually a way of defining a relationship without yet having
documents(data) to support such relationships.

Wai sent the following on 8/13/2010 11:31 AM: