Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Ghazi TRIKI <gh...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/14 08:18:17 UTC

Apache Flex Arabic Locales

Hi,

About three years ago I started new Flex localisation; ar_TN; arabic
locales. I had a private folder inside Flex svn sandox folder. Then I
stopped the translation due to lack of time. The translation progress is
about 60% overall. Does Apache Flex community have a developper having
arabic as mother tongue to continue the translation together and review it
? What are conditions to accept these locales inside Apache Flex repository
?

The actual translation progress can be found here :
https://github.com/LionArt/Flex-SDK-Arabic-Locales

Thanks,
Ghazi Triki

Re: Apache Flex Arabic Locales

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 2/15/2013 4:30 PM, Ghazi TRIKI wrote:
> Please do not hesitate to contact Arabic native speakers to help us.

contacted 3 people this morning, so far nothing back one way or the other. i'll
make a public request to the cf community in a bit, maybe some peer pressure
will help ;-)

Re: Apache Flex Arabic Locales

Posted by Ghazi TRIKI <gh...@gmail.com>.
I added a JIRA issue for this task
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33396

I also uploaded translated file and added a comment containing the overall
progress for each file. I have an excel file containing technical words
translated to Arabic ( like Class, Property, Field....; they are not easy
to translate ).

I confirm that software translators are not worth translating technical
phrases. Sometimes I obtained non-sense words !!!

Please do not hesitate to contact Arabic native speakers to help us.

Ghazi Triki
Thanks

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex Arabic Locales

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/14/13 6:52 PM, "Paul Hastings" <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/15/2013 12:33 AM, Alex Harui wrote:
>> I suppose we could try reviewing it by seeing if a BabelFish service can
>> translate it to English just to make sure there are no obvious issues.
>
> hope your gibberish translator is working ;-)
My review would have consisted of making sure there weren't any naughty
words :-)

> maybe better to ask for volunteer arabic speakers to review rather than rely
> on
> machine translation (especially for complex phrases\sentences). i know a few
> arabic speakers from the cf community, i'll point them at the jira issue once
> it
> appears & try to get them to review.
Sounds good, thanks Paul.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex Arabic Locales

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ghazi TRIKI <gh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Good to know. I will try to keep locales updated till I finish them using
JIRA. Of course I will fill donate code to the Flex project. Hope I can
finish them quickly.

Ghazi Triki
Thanks

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.