Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 20:47:47 UTC

back button results in a blank

Hi there,

I notice that many times when I click the browser's back button, when I
expect to see the form previously that was displayed, instead I get a
blank page and have to click the browser's refresh button to retrieve
what was there.

This is IE8 in particular.

Is there any simple way to preserve what was there before so that on
clicking the back button it displays directly instead of having to click
refresh on a blank page?

paul

RE: Re: back button results in a blank

Posted by Robby Pelssers <Ro...@nxp.com>.
I like problems which resolve themselves ;-)

Thx for the update,
Robby

Posted by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com>.
sorry about this, but it is indeed my error.

The back button works with Cocoon flowscript even in IE.

The problem was I was catching an error and displaying the error to the
user in a new page that replaced the old one.

I gather in this process, the "continuation" gets "lost" and as a
result, the back button no longer works.

What I was doing was as below:
if(errorMsg.length()>0) {
            errorPage("There appear to have been important changes made
already.  Are you sure you want to clear all the fields before saving
this task?  If yes, please click the back button.  Otherwice, click
Create to start a new entry.")
            return;
}

brgds