Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by joe smith <wa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/05/02 12:40:02 UTC

Acl block detete not working

Hi,
I'm using 3.4.10 and setting custom aol to block deletion of a znode.  However, I'm able to delete the node even after I've set acl from cdrwa to crwa.
Can anyone point out if I missed some step.
Thanks for the help

Here is the trace:
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 0] ls /
[zookeeper]

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 1] create /test "data"Created /test

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 2] ls /[zookeeper, test]

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 3] addauth myfqdn localhost
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 4] setAcl /test myfqdn:localhost:cracZxid = 0x2
ctime = Tue May 02 08:28:42 EDT 2017
mZxid = 0x2
mtime = Tue May 02 08:28:42 EDT 2017
pZxid = 0x2
cversion = 0
dataVersion = 0
aclVersion = 1
ephemeralOwner = 0x0
dataLength = 4
numChildren = 0

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 5] getAcl /test'myfqdn,'localhost
: cra

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 6] get /testdata
cZxid = 0x2
ctime = Tue May 02 08:28:42 EDT 2017
mZxid = 0x2
mtime = Tue May 02 08:28:42 EDT 2017
pZxid = 0x2
cversion = 0
dataVersion = 0
aclVersion = 1
ephemeralOwner = 0x0
dataLength = 4
numChildren = 0

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 7] set /test "testwrite"Authentication is not valid : /test

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 8] delete /test
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 9] ls /[zookeeper]

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 10]
The auth provider imple is here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42827186839577179157

|   |

Re: Acl block detete not working

Posted by joe smith <wa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Edward, Benjamin,
Thank you both for the clarification.  I see where the confusion came from: READ/WRITE are on the node but CREATE/DELETE applies only to the node's children.
Thanks again for the help/input!

    On Saturday, May 13, 2017 8:05 AM, Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Excuse me, should have looked first on docs. Interesting behaviour...

Thanks Ben!

Em 13 de mai de 2017 5:30 AM, "Benjamin Reed" <br...@apache.org> escreveu:

please check out
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.5.3-beta/zookeeperProgram
mers.html#sc_ACLPermissions.
DELETE prevents deletion of children (like CREATE prevents the
creation of children). it does not prevent the deletion of the znode
itself.

ben

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Edward Ribeiro
<ed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, Joe and Martin,
>
> A quick explanation: the code Martin posted on the mailing list is the
> client side one. In those snippets the setACL is setting/changing the ACL
> so it needs to pass this in the call to the server: zk.setACL(path, acl,
> version). OTOH, the delete command doesn't need to pass the ACL
credentials
> because those are already stored in the corresponding znode (or its
parent)
> so it only needs to pass the path and version: zk.delete(path, version).
>
> What you really want to look at is here:
> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/branch-3.4/src/java
/main/org/apache/zookeeper/server/PrepRequestProcessor.java#L392

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.
please check out

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.