Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by John Evans <jo...@jpevans.com> on 2008/06/17 04:32:41 UTC

Replication issue

Hi,

I had been using replication with no problems for a couple of days now
(mostly to make backups of databases before trying untested manipulations of
the documents in the database) but now it seems to be failing.  I got the
following output on the console:

[error] [<0.54.0>] {error_report,<0.21.0>,
    {<0.54.0>,std_error,
     {mochiweb_socket_server,222,
         {child_error,
             {timeout,
                 {gen_server,call,
                     [<0.75.0>,
                      {update_docs,
                          [[{doc,"00cf951ec94b6a33e2a7ba22a04c5ee0",
                                ["4158686682"],
                                {obj,
                                    [{"some_field",11999},
                                     {"reference",
                                      "11a6b6cacaf6afee92835004d8577d2c"},
                                     {"link",
                                      "http://www.example.com/blahblah"},
                                     {"spid","abcdefghij"},
                                     {"xyz_name","Foo"},
                                     {"type","Something"},
                                     {"site","www.example.com"},
                                     {"resolved_link",
                                      "http://www.example.com/abcdefhigkl"},
                                     {"source_url",
                                      "http://example.com/foo.html"}]},
                                [],false,[]}],
                           [{doc,"0207fe922ca57b7d68bb05b33448d100",
(followed by thousands and thousands of lines more of my data... I've
changed the field names and values here since my employer would consider the
actual data sensitive).

I ran the test suite, which had passed completely when I first installed
couchdb, and now the replication test fails with this:

{"error":"EXIT","reason":"{{badmatch,{error,econnrefused}},\n
[{couch_rep,do_http_request,3},\n {couch_rep,open_doc,3},\n
{couch_rep,replicate,3},\n {couch_httpd,handle_replicate_request,2},\n
{couch_httpd,handle_request,2},\n {mochiweb_http,headers,4},\n
{proc_lib,init_p,5}]}"}

I am using the version from the trunk that I pulled after the last issue
that I had, which looks like it was Jul 13th.

Any attempts to replicate or to run the replication test suite both fail
consistently in the same manner.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-
John

Re: Replication issue

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@grabb.it>.
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 7:32 PM, John Evans <jo...@jpevans.com> wrote:

> Any attempts to replicate or to run the replication test suite both fail
> consistently in the same manner.
>
> Any thoughts?

Try the replication test at http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/couch_tests.html

I get the error you describe via localhost, but on 127.0.0.1 it works.
I don't know what this would say toward your replication problems, but
getting the tests to pass is always a good first step.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com