Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Pengcheng Xiong <px...@apache.org> on 2017/04/27 20:23:17 UTC

2.3 branch is now frozen

Hello Hive developers,

    2.3 branch is now frozen. Please do not commit to it any more. We are
proposing a release candidate soon. Thanks!

Best
Pengcheng

Re: 2.3 branch is now frozen

Posted by Ying Chen <yi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!  Can you tell us what happened to release 2.2 ?  Is it being
skipped?

Ying

Re: 2.3 branch is now frozen

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
Pengcheng,

  You need to make a 2.4.0 release of storage-api first and switch your RC
to use that release.

Steps:
* Make a storage-branch-2.4
* Update the version in the storage-api/pom.xml to be 2.4.0
* Remove the storage-api module from the module list in pom.xml.
* Commit that back to apache
* Create a tag storage-api-2.4.0rc0 and corresponding tarball.
* Call the vote.
* Publish to maven central
* Update branch-2.3's pom.xml to have storage-api.version of 2.4.0
* Commit that back

.. Owen