Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "HWANG, MICHAEL (MICHAEL)" <mh...@research.att.com> on 2019/07/12 19:12:16 UTC

Use a different runtime

Hello

I want to use Nifi's UI and APIs (i.e. registry) but not use the Nifi scheduler, controller, runtime.  I want to prototype hooking in my own scheduler, controller, runtime.  How involved would this be?  Would it be more involved than replacing the class "org.apache.nifi.web.controller.ControllerFacade" in the nifi-web-api sub-project with my own version?

I like Nifi's concepts, defined resources, and UI user experience and unfortunately we have legacy runtime elements like an orchestrator that must be continued to be used.  It's part of my requirement.

Any thoughts, guidance is most appreciated.

Thanks again

Mike

Re: Use a different runtime

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Mike,

The short answer is “this is not as simple as replacing one class”. The longer answer is that you may be interested in the work by Mark Payne and Sam Hjemfelt to provide an additional runtime in NiFi (referred to as stateless NiFi [1]). Hope this helps.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3241 <https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3241>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com