Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@supereva.it> on 2000/09/09 12:21:01 UTC

Contribution: charts and applet transformers

I'm fed up with having this stuff on my Hd and not in cocoon.
So here it is! :-)
Giacomo, anyone, can you put it in CVS?
I tested it on CVS update I got this morning, so it should be ok.
The code is still rough in some places, no docs,
no javadocs, not solified interfaces or parameters, applet
transformer not working, works only on test applet
outputting to XML.
If someone can take a look at it, I have problems in the
applet transformer:

- It draws only what is found in its paint method, not the
added components.
I tried addNotify to wake up the peers, tried printAll, but no luck. :-(
- The applet loads ok with new but instantiating it forName
throws an error. Why?!?
- now it renders ok to xml but gives an error on svg2pdf. Why? :-(

Ok, hope you like it.
I'll be adding other charts, it's a WIP.
Just to show you what's up, don't rely on it yet. ;-)
BTW, take a look at the Transformers, and please tell me what you think
of the "framework". (Ricardo?Donald?Anyone? :-) )

Thank you, I really need feedback.

Cheers,
nicola_ken

Nicola Ken Barozzi - AISA Industries S.p.A
http://www.aisaindustries.it/
Via Leonardo da Vinci,2 Ticengo (CR) Italy
Research Activity:
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Meccanica
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, n.32 - 20133 Milano (Italy)