Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/30 20:39:42 UTC

FYI - 1.6.x CloudBees and BuildHive builds will fail once I've started the RC1 vote

So I'm starting the RC1 vote later today - I'm cutting the RC right now.
I'm going to be pushing to the 1.6.x branches with 1.6.1-incubating as the
version in the POMs, which will mean that the deploy jobs will fail since
we don't have CloudBees configured to deploy to the staging repo, and the
subproject builds will fail because they can't find the 1.6.1-incubating
versions of dependencies. I'm doing this because I want to make sure the
1.6.x branches on the repos have the git hashes the RC is cut from, but I
don't want to set the new version on the branches to 1.6.2-SNAPSHOT until
we have a successful vote and have released, just to make life a little
easier when iterating over RCs.

There's probably an easier way to do this, and I'll write that up as part
of the release doc on the wiki (which will go up once I have write access
to the wiki!) once I figure it out, but for now... =)

A.

Re: FYI - 1.6.x CloudBees and BuildHive builds will fail once I've started the RC1 vote

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Thanks for the heads-up. Good luck!!

ap