Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by John Wong <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/18 02:21:08 UTC

Replace dead node in non-vnode 1.2 cluster

Hi

Can the community help to confirm that
http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/1.2/cassandra/operations/ops_replace_node_t.html
will work for non-vnode cluster in Cassandra 1.2.

It looks like I don't have to set the initial token for the replacement
node (but same IP) at all if I run the JVM opts during startup.

I read a couple mailing list threads.

[1]:
http://cassandra-user-incubator-apache-org.3065146.n2.nabble.com/Bootstrap-failure-on-C-1-2-13-td7592664.html

[2]:
http://cassandra-user-incubator-apache-org.3065146.n2.nabble.com/Replacing-a-dead-node-in-Cassandra-2-0-8-td7596245.html

They mentioned that back in the date 1.2 doc would defer user to 1.1 doc,
but the current 1.2 doc doesn't mention anything about that.

Also these as references

[3]:
https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#For_versions_1.2.0_and_above
[4]:
http://blog.alteroot.org/articles/2014-03-12/replace-a-dead-node-in-cassandra.html

Thank you.

John

Re: Replace dead node in non-vnode 1.2 cluster

Posted by John Wong <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paulo.
Thank you. Since you created the original thread in one of my references,
we are going to do with that instructions. Should be okay :-)

John

Posted by Paulo Motta <pa...@gmail.com>.