Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2006/02/14 17:34:05 UTC

Autoproxying...

All,

One of the coolest features of Spring is the ability to "autoproxy" beans.
I would love to create a feature for HiveMind which would allow us to
auto-intercepto services, based on some criteria.  One cool criteria I use
for Spring is the existence of the @Transactional attribute on my
implementation class' methods, which causes Spring to put a
TransactionInterceptor proxy around my bean automatically (with a bit of XML
of course).  But, that's really cool, IMHO.  Any ideas, folks?

James

Re: Autoproxying...

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.
Anyone got some experience with backport175
(http://backport175.codehaus.org/)? If it delivers on its promises we
could maybe use it and maintain compatibility with JDK 1.3/1.4.

RE: Autoproxying...

You start to need something like Spring's BeanContextAware.  I've also
been thinking in terms of interceptor-sets that would apply
interceptors to a wide range of services (across many modules,
matching modules and services using regexp). I also want to push
HiveMind 1.2 towards JDK 1.5 so as to really start integrating
annotation support, such as you describe, into it.

On 2/14/06, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> One of the coolest features of Spring is the ability to "autoproxy" beans.
> I would love to create a feature for HiveMind which would allow us to
> auto-intercepto services, based on some criteria.  One cool criteria I use
> for Spring is the existence of the @Transactional attribute on my
> implementation class' methods, which causes Spring to put a
> TransactionInterceptor proxy around my bean automatically (with a bit of
XML
> of course).  But, that's really cool, IMHO.  Any ideas, folks?
>
> James

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: Autoproxying...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
You start to need something like Spring's BeanContextAware.  I've also
been thinking in terms of interceptor-sets that would apply
interceptors to a wide range of services (across many modules,
matching modules and services using regexp). I also want to push
HiveMind 1.2 towards JDK 1.5 so as to really start integrating
annotation support, such as you describe, into it.

On 2/14/06, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> One of the coolest features of Spring is the ability to "autoproxy" beans.
> I would love to create a feature for HiveMind which would allow us to
> auto-intercepto services, based on some criteria.  One cool criteria I use
> for Spring is the existence of the @Transactional attribute on my
> implementation class' methods, which causes Spring to put a
> TransactionInterceptor proxy around my bean automatically (with a bit of XML
> of course).  But, that's really cool, IMHO.  Any ideas, folks?
>
> James

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind