Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marcin Lewandowski <ww...@saepia.net> on 2008/06/05 11:43:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Authenticating with MySQL using login AND location?

Hi, is there any way to authenticate with MySQL but passing to the MySQL
not only username but also location of request?

I want to authetnticate dynamically against different locations only by
putting some records to the DB.

m.

Re: [users@httpd] Authenticating with MySQL using login AND location?

Posted by Nick Owen <no...@wikidsystems.com>.
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 5:43 AM, Marcin Lewandowski <ww...@saepia.net> wrote:
> Hi, is there any way to authenticate with MySQL but passing to the MySQL not
> only username but also location of request?
>
> I want to authetnticate dynamically against different locations only by
> putting some records to the DB.
>
> m.

Not sure I follow completely, but couldn't you set up <location>s in
apache's httpd.conf and do the same thing?

Nick

--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.