Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by DAVID SMITH <da...@btinternet.com> on 2017/11/13 14:20:53 UTC

Problems running Minifi with an SSL Context

Hi
In my work dev environment I have a VM that is running NiFi v1.3, I am using this to create a flow template for a Minifi (v0.2.0 Java ) instance (initially on the same VM).
My flow has a listenHttp which I am listening on port 11111 using an sslContext which I have set up in NiFi, I zip the file and then use a postHttp to post the file to another NiFi (on a second VM) on port 4726 also using the same sslContext.
In Nifi everything is fine and my flow works, I have taken a template of the flow, and used the Minifi toolkit to create the config.yml. I have edited the yaml file to ensure the keystore variables are set in the controller service section.
When I start Minifi I get the following error message:
[error] o.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController Unable to start ListenHTTP [id=1234.....] due to java.lang.IllegalStateException: Processor ListenHttp is not in a valid state due to [ 'SSL Context Service' validated against '968df5a-dfd5-39ad-0000-00000000000' is invalid because StandardSSLContextService - 0.2.0 from org.apache.nifi.minifi - minifi-ssl-context-service-nar is not compatible with SSLContextService - unversioned from default - system]
Can anyone give me a pointer as to what may be wrong here please?
Many thanksDave

Re: Problems running Minifi with an SSL Context

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Sorry for your troubles, this is a bug I am addressing in MINIFI-408 [1].
I am finishing up some testing and refactoring but hope to have a PR up in
the next couple hours.  There are some additional details on the ticket.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-408