Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/06 23:51:47 UTC

Re: Eclipse plugin - getting ready to release

Its been a while since we've discussed this. I'm going to double check this
week that there aren't any issues with the binaries. Has anyone else found
any issues at all?

If not, I'll get a vote going soon.

Jon

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 9, 2009, at 2:22 AM, Daniel S. Haischt wrote:

> Okay understood. I am sorry for getting your comment wrong. What you
> should understand is that I  am currently writing a book which
> consumes most of my personal time [0]. Still I am trying to have an
> eye on the Eclipse plugin cause I think I may be able to provide
> valuable feedback based on my Eclipse experience.

Sweet!  Congrats on the book!  I've tried to do that (twice) and met
my match both times :)

> Anyway I'd go with what Noel J. Bergman once said on the incubator ML:
> Keep the degree of rhetoric stuff at a minimum and you are not at a
> risk that someone might get you wrong :)

Replace "rhetoric stuff" with "email of any kind" and truer words have
never been spoken.

Thanks for the time keeping up with the eclipse plugin!!

-David

Re: Eclipse plugin - getting ready to release

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <da...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Okay understood. I am sorry for getting your comment wrong. What you
should understand is that I  am currently writing a book which
consumes most of my personal time [0]. Still I am trying to have an
eye on the Eclipse plugin cause I think I may be able to provide
valuable feedback based on my Eclipse experience.

Anyway I'd go with what Noel J. Bergman once said on the incubator ML:
Keep the degree of rhetoric stuff at a minimum and you are not at a
risk that someone might get you wrong :)

[0] http://www.amazon.de/Getting-Started-IBM-Websphere-Smash/dp/013701970X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1252488012&sr=8-1

Cheers
Daniel

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

I'm extremely grateful that you've taken the time to have a go with the
plugin and report back, and I think the feedback you've given is very
useful.

I'd prefer to do the alpha release of the plugin and then fix the issue
purely as doing as going through the release process is pretty time
consuming (and I never get it right first time, it usually takes 3 or 4
goes!) - but if there's any strong feelings I would of course be very happy
to fix the problem and spin another release, which is why I thought I'd ask.
If I need to do another release to sort the update site issue, then it would
make sense to sort this out too.

Thanks very much for giving the plugin a go.

Jon

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <da...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Great answer :)

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

I forgot to mention previously that I had set up an update site here for the
release: http://people.apache.org/~jgallimore/test2/update-site/

The binaries are here: http://people.apache.org/~jgallimore/test2/

I've sucessfully got the pluign to install on Eclipse 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 on
Ubuntu 9.04 (64 bit). The only issue I had was with Ganymede which
erroneously showed http://people.apache.org/~jgallimore/update-site. I'll
try and sort this out, and put up another update site and set of binaries.

I agree on greying out the menu - would you object to this being added to
1.0.0.beta? ;-)

Jon

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Daniel S. Haischt <

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <da...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,