Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2000/12/20 07:29:29 UTC

[XalanJ-2] Intermittent text failures - fixed?

Joe found a failure in the XalanJ-2 beta candidate yesterday that was
producing a failure to get a text event that was immediatly followed by a
previous event.  It only showed up sometimes because it was related to the
parse/transform threading... it only happened when the transform got ahead
of the parse. (I just love these kind of bugs...)  It shows up on some JVMs
more than others (Joe was using the IBM 1.2.2 JVM).

We think this is fixed with the latest checkins.  However, there may be
more than one bug that could result in intermittent failures of the
transform, or perhaps we didn't fully fix this one.  If anyone is testing
the XalanJ-2 code today with the latest CVS code, could you please let us
know if you run across anything like an intermittent bad transform?

-scott