Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by "Lee, Lup Yuen" <lu...@appkaki.com> on 2023/02/18 03:52:02 UTC

Article: NuttX for PinePhone: Exploring USB

We're about to turn PinePhone on NuttX into a Feature Phone... But to talk
to PinePhone's LTE Modem, we need a NuttX Driver for Allwinner A64 USB
Controller.

In this article we’ll dive into PinePhone’s USB Controller…

1. Why PinePhone needs USB for Voice Calls and SMS

2. What’s inside PinePhone’s Allwinner A64 USB Controller

3. Which is actually a Mentor Graphics Inventra USB Controller

4. We’ll study the FreeBSD Driver for the USB Controller

5. And how we might port the USB Driver to NuttX

6. By comparing with the STM32 USB Driver for NuttX

https://lupyuen.github.io/articles/usb2

Lup

Re: Article: NuttX for PinePhone: Exploring USB

Posted by "Alan C. Assis" <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lup,

Very nice post!

Adding this USB Controller on NuttX will allow to use many other chips
that use same IP.

There is also some modem modules with this Quectel chip at aliexpress,
i.e.: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004508534864.html

BR,

Alan