Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com> on 2007/03/26 18:59:50 UTC

AMQ pure Master Slave Configuration question

Hi,

I am trying to configure AMQ in pure Master/Slave configuration, I
followed the documentation page and changed the slaves broker
configuration without modifying any thing in master configuration (used
the one came with download).

I am getting connection refused exception in my slave. I noticed at the
time of slave start up INFO message was "MasterConnector
-Starting a network Connection between vm://localhost#0 and tcp://null:0
has been established". I am not sure if this is a problem because I am
putting a server name there and its showing me null.

Another suspect I have is when I don't define anything in my master
configuration for port 62001 how can possibly slave can connect to
master on this port, as it describes in documentation page?

I guess I am just confused and I will appreciate any help in this
matter.

Thanks!

Vik

RE: AMQ pure Master Slave Configuration question

Posted by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com>.
Rob,

I am using AMQ 4.1.0, and I am starting the slave after the master. I
haven't made much change to the configuration for Master I am using the
same one which comes with AMQ download, and for Slave instance I
followed the documentation page which says update the broker tag as
follows.

<broker masterConnectorURI="tcp://masterhost:62001"
shutdownOnMasterFailure="false">
  . . .
</broker>

So I just added the server name where my master is running and used the
same port 62001 and have shutdownOnMasterFailure=false.

Thanks!

Vik

I think the first thing to do Vik is let us know which version you
are using and send us your configuration.
Also - you are starting the slave after the master ?

cheers,

Rob

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.