Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Michael Young <ja...@onyourside.net> on 2003/04/15 08:39:20 UTC

Q: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: A node test that matches either NCName:* or QName was expected.

Hello,

What are the other situations that can cause the following exception?

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: A node test that matches either NCName:* or QName was expected.

I'm migrating our xslt app to the new xalan 2.5.0, and I'm getting the above exception.  Since we have a lot of xsl files, I wonder if you guys can give me some pointers as to the possible causes of this so that I can fix them.

Thanks!  /M.

Hi,

Some tighter error checking did go into Xalan between versions 2.3 and 2.4.
A match pattern of "." is actually invalid, so it is appropriate that
you're seeing an error message.

 Ilene.

                                                                                      \

                      evgeniy.strokin@rocke                                           \

                      trainer.com                  To:       \
                xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org                                          \

                                                   cc:                                \

                      10/30/2002 10:19 AM          Subject:  Start getting exception \
                then moved to new version of Xalan
                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

Hi,
I just moved from Xalan 2.3 to 2.4 and start getting this exception:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: A node test that matches either NCName:* or QName was expected.
on this string in XSL:
<xsl:template match="." name="head">

That is strange because I didn't have the problem with previous version.
What it could be?

Thanks,
Jenya