Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by louie miranda <lo...@chikka.com> on 2001/12/09 08:51:22 UTC

Installation from scratch, retry2 PLS HELP!

Hi, this is my 2nd time to retry the tomcat+apache installation.
1st time, i failed =(

I now compiled apache1.3.22 to support DSO.
i both src and binary of tomcat, now im clueless
where to start configuring it to work with apache.

pls help, whats next?
i would like my apache to run tomcat with in and not
from tomcat alone.

pls help

louie *curious*

where to find this?

Posted by louie miranda <lo...@chikka.com>.
Hi,

------------------------
6.Build the Tomcat's mod_jserv.so connector module for Apache
Gotcha:  Since the build is done in the Tomcat src tree, be sure to copy
autochange.so and mod_jserv.so into Apache's libexec/ directory!
 ------------------------

i found this note somewhere, but i cant find it on the src of tomcat
4.0.1-src ?

what's this error?

Posted by louie miranda <lo...@chikka.com>.
[09/12/2001 11:12:16:904] (EMERGENCY) ajp12[1]: cannot scan servlet headers
(500)
[09/12/2001 11:12:16:904] (ERROR) an error returned handling request via
protocol "ajpv12"

anyone know what is this error?
hm, missing zone properties?

ty

Re: HAHAHAHHA

Posted by Sri K Ganjam <gs...@ieee.org>.
Hi Louie,
Can you explain it in detail.. it would be of help to others.. I am trying
to figure out how to use mod_jk with tomcat V4.0.1 .. it seems a lot should
be tweaked for it.. where as mod_webapp can be enabled very easily
Regards,
Sri K Ganjam

HAHAHAHHA

Posted by louie miranda <lo...@chikka.com>.
YEY, hey GUYS I GOT IT WORKING!!
WAHAHhahah =) yupee!!!

hehe, ty..

louie *happy*

Posted by louie miranda <lo...@chikka.com>.
i think, ill use mod_jk.
i have a lilttle question though,

how come tomcat 4.0.1-src, doesnt have all the components like
tomcat 3.3-src * have?

i hope, this one's clear, and howcome the ver 4.0.1-src on the
jakarta-website, doesnt
have a install howto? like the old article on tomcat 3.3* have?

i mean this

3.3 =
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/tomcat-apache-howto.html
4.0 = http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/index.html