Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/02 10:45:43 UTC

[1.5.0-rc2] possible bug with danish characters

Hi

I just noticed that after upgrading to rc2, my some of my texts like
"håndteret kald" when getting saved/posted becomes this: "hÃ¥ndteret kald"..
I revert to rc1 to see if it's a problem there (I did not notice it
earlier).

-Regards Nino

Re: [1.5.0-rc2] possible bug with danish characters

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
The problem is not there with rc1, Im using Tomcat 7.04... So to explain
again, I have a text

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
Ok done som hardcore diging, and found out the problem.

I use markup inheritance in my parent page everything are declared as it
should be

like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- ********************** -->
<!-- NetDesign Web Template -->
<!-- ********************** -->
<! DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<!-- <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> -->
xmlns:wicket="http://wicket.apache.org/dtds.data/wicket-xhtml1.4-strict.dtd
">

However In my child pages, i've not declared much and forgot this tag

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

After adding the above tag everything seems to be working.. But I thought
that wicket only should care about wicket:head and wicket:extend in child
pages... And this is certainly a change from RC1 to rc2...

regards Nino

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.
Hi

Will try it.

Is there a complete example with the html in place there?

Tnx

Re: [1.5.0-rc2] possible bug with danish characters

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.
Have you tried 1.5?

--

  Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
  Consultor CRM - Ingeniero en

        M. +34 607 81 42 76

"No subestimes el poder de la gente estúpida en grupos grandes"

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> I just noticed that after upgrading to rc2, my some of my texts like
> "håndteret kald" when getting saved/posted becomes this: "hÃ¥ndteret kald"..

Charset issue, they get posted as UTF-8; you probably  either need to test for charset or assume UTF-8 across the board.

- Tor Iver