Posted to repository@apache.org by nonconformist <go...@radio-one.com> on 2007/07/08 18:08:22 UTC

erroneous

VPSN WILL MOVE LIKE A COMET AND ITS ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER! Watch this
SUPERNOVA closely MONDAY!

VISION AIRSHIPS INC
Symbol: VPSN
Price: $0.021

BANGKOK, THAILAND, July 2007
Advertising Agencies Ready to Ink Deals!

The company wishes to announce that it is in final negotiations for
representation with some of the world's largest advertising agencies to
market and reserve the blimps for there clients.

VPSN THE RISING STAR, IS SET FOR SUPERNOVA STATUS ON MONDAY!

This article has some good insight into how to create an effective SLA.

Society has always depended on discretion in the enforcement of the law
so enforcement is consistent with the intent of various laws.

The issue is also being raised for wireless services.
Over the years, Buckner has interviewed and been involved with shows
profiling corporate leaders, successful entrepreneurs, failed
entrepreneurs, and those trying to make a business from their idea. I
have not written about this for a while - but this is an issue that
continues to bother me. Passion without a plan or the right expertise
will get you nowhere.

They should also seek out and consider other points of view, do some
diligence into their positions and stats, and unwind the spin they put
on issues.

That's not an issue if it improves the quality of the data, so long as
it is not at the expense of another. So if you want an iPhone for work
purposes - check it out carefully before you buy to make sure it will
meet your needs.

The commissioner states in the fact sheet the types of encryption that
will be satisfactory for mobile devices and the kinds that will not.
Practical obscurity means often where paper records are public, few
people look at them because of practical difficulties. Or an audacious
art project.

It may, for example, be acceptable to search assessment rolls by address
to get comparable assessment info, but not to search through it by name.

The position of office of the information and privacy commissioner is
public records pose a challenge to the privacy of citizens and, once in
digital format, pose an even greater challenge.
It also increases the ability to manipulate information.

Within days after it showed up on YouTube last summer, the studio
demanded it be removed. Keep in mind that while there is no question
that it is a cool and innovative device, it is aimed at the consumer
market. Custodians of sensitive data must ensure any solution that is
selected meets the accepted standards in effect at the time and that
they are regularly reviewed and updated. So I fail to understand why any
retailer would risk that happenning to them.
- A business can be located anywhere and be successful.

The rebuttal when someone expresses discomfort at this increased
surveillance is: "If you are doing nothing wrong, what's the problem?
Examples include fraud, identity theft, predation or the technical
enforcement of every possible legal infraction.

Thought needs to be put into the reason records are public and how they
might be used differently online. We need to put pressure on retailers
to get this right.

Others need to understand what you do. Chronic surveillance makes it too
easy to eliminate that discretion. Society has always depended on
discretion in the enforcement of the law so enforcement is consistent
with the intent of various laws. For earlier comments of mine on net
neutrality, click on it in my tag cloud.

- Why do we sometimes drive differently when a police car is behind us
even when we think we are driving properly?
They can, however, be very important to the success of a service
arrangement. Its interesting to see the amount and type of personal info
people make public about themselves. So the question is - why did the
studio bother to force it to be taken down last summer when they knew
the new movie was in the works? Just because we have the ability to
store, share, combine and manipulate massive amounts of information,
doesn't mean we should. One theory is these documents are public anyway,
so it shouldn't matter.
We must ensure that, wherever possible, recorded information is kept
only for short periods, isolated so it serves only its narrow, intended,
justified purpose, and is not shared. For more info, take a look at
David Fraser's blog - the best source for Canadian privacy issues. The
rebuttal when someone expresses discomfort at this increased
surveillance is: "If you are doing nothing wrong, what's the problem?
That is counter to the usual thought that most entrepreneurs are risk
takers.

That comment was credited to Cory Doctorow of Boing Boing.
Far too often, especially in the tech world, it is difficult to
understand what a new business or its product really does. Keep in mind
that while there is no question that it is a cool and innovative device,
it is aimed at the consumer market. When various retailers print various
parts of the numbers it makes it too easy to combine them back together.
I have not written about this for a while - but this is an issue that
continues to bother me.

One of the simplest examples is on a comment to Michael's post.
Practical obscurity means often where paper records are public, few
people look at them because of practical difficulties. However, the fact
sheet is relevant to all kinds of sensitive information, not just
personal health information. So to prove his innocence he started to put
every moment of his life online, down to every purchase he makes and his
location at all times.
Thought needs to be put into the reason records are public and how they
might be used differently online.

Practical obscurity means often where paper records are public, few
people look at them because of practical difficulties.
- Why do we sometimes drive differently when a police car is behind us
even when we think we are driving properly?

Among other things, they seem to recommend DMCA type protection, which I
don't understand as the US DMCA experience has not been good. - A
business can be located anywhere and be successful.

Kudos to rTraction for preparing the great video that kicked off the
event.
Privacy commissioners and courts have dealt with this issue on
assessment rolls in at least three provinces.

Its worth a look for anyone interested in the issue.

One theory is these documents are public anyway, so it shouldn't matter.