Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com> on 2015/10/01 14:54:36 UTC

AMQP 1.0 Type reference web page

http://qpid.apache.org/AMQP/AMQP_type_reference.html

Recently I was trying to decode some raw AMQP data frames and needed something simpler than the AMQP spec but more complete than the proton-c/src/protocol.h file. This reference is it.

It is produced from the AMQP spec xml files. The spec files are mapped roughly as:

 * definitions                   -> constant
 * primitive types and encodings -> primitive
 * restricted types with choices -> enumeration
 * restricted types w/o choices  -> restricted
 * types with descriptors        -> described
 * types sharing 'provides' id   -> provided

There are a bunch of little toggle markers to expand and contract sections. I wanted the initial page to be clean so that you could navigate easily to a specific section and expand just that part. Having everything expand from the start is a bit overwhelming.

Once you see what you want, however, you usually need to follow the links to constituent items. Then when you click the link nothing happens! In order to get all the links to work click 'Table view: expand all'. This wakes up all the hyperlink reference targets so that the links will work.

This web page is not a substitute for the original spec as it contains none of the doc text.

-Chuck

Re: AMQP 1.0 Type reference web page

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
Nice job Chuck - this is really useful.

> Recently I was trying to decode some raw AMQP data frames and needed
> something simpler than the AMQP spec but more complete than the
> proton-c/src/protocol.h file. This reference is it.
>
> It is produced from the AMQP spec xml files. The spec files are mapped
> roughly as:
>
>  * definitions                   -> constant
>  * primitive types and encodings -> primitive
>  * restricted types with choices -> enumeration
>  * restricted types w/o choices  -> restricted
>  * types with descriptors        -> described
>  * types sharing 'provides' id   -> provided
>
> There are a bunch of little toggle markers to expand and contract sections. I
> wanted the initial page to be clean so that you could navigate easily to a
> specific section and expand just that part. Having everything expand from
> the start is a bit overwhelming.
>
> Once you see what you want, however, you usually need to follow the links to
> constituent items. Then when you click the link nothing happens! In order to
> get all the links to work click 'Table view: expand all'. This wakes up all
> the hyperlink reference targets so that the links will work.
>
> This web page is not a substitute for the original spec as it contains none
> of the doc text.
>
> -Chuck

-K